My First Maths Class

Your  First Maths Class at Class Four? ?.. Certainly you must be kidding around. Or maybe something went wrong with your mind today.. Haha certainly it wasn't the first time I sit in mathematics class. I would had be a fool if I said vow on it.

Here's why I consider it as my FIRST Mathematics Class:
As mention earlier I was in class 4(always the smallest in class) back then. I sat in usual place the 1st bench ( never got a chance to sit in second & back benches) our class teacher is Sir Bosco(he is not from our same community i.e Mao) who teaches us mathematics..Being in class 4 we are requisite to speak only in English in school and anyone caught speaking other dialect is made to carry a chart written DONKEY until he find next person.. Wow a Human Donkey is approaching us friends and people would be willing to throw insult like "Hey donkey carry me". It was insulting yet meaningful..
To avoid being given a title donkey we add the suffix "Ting" which add to Mao words is an English to us. Eg;opi so ting=headache,very khre ting=very sour. Moreover the words "na " after every sentence is very popular and most used..

That's what I am and what we do when we are in class 4.. Certainly I understand some simple  English sentence but mathematics too need  better knowledge of English words to understand and as our teacher is not from our same community he only teaches us in English which is very a hard situations for most of us. And some even go to extend of by hearting those maths problem by writing many time just  to score mark in exam.. Some  parts of maths syallabus are easy as it is mostly addition, substraction,multiplication and some  definition. But here come the Most basic Fundamental and most Important mathematical term BODMAS(which our teacher told us will be using it for life).. And woe to me I don't understand a words of it. How could that 6 words be as important as that I will be using it for my life?. Maybe our teacher is just trying to impress us that he knows it and we don't..

One fine day or doomsday (for me) he gave us homework problem on BODMAS (the most important words).
As I took it as most difficult part ,I dare myself not gave a try and decided to accept the punishment instead. I did got the punishment the next day but not alone as usual ( there's always 5 to 10), we thought after those punishment it's over for BODMAS but  against our wish he gave more and double problem to submit the next day. He told us he can finish it within 10 min.OMG what should I do?? That Teacher really an Mental Patient,he is too cruel. He is really damn proud and he is best to fall the next moment (Pride goes before Destruction).. i was Feeling hopeless and tired. Don't wanna get those beating of CANE STICK (tears do come out of eyes). I bet you too will feel horrible pain. Left with no option. Stick again=no I don't want it,it pains alot..Okay so now I had to completely it anyway and submit it tomorrow no  matter what..

Yeah I was taking tuition which our school teacher collectively together gave 1hour after class at discounted rate (Rs 50/month against Rs 100/month). All we do is read aloud and our teacher will be monitoring making sure there was no gossiping.. Asking doubts was only for those oversmart guys as of those days, and friends would be willing to say "as if very Good" after tuition was over. That day our monitoring teacher was Sir Kholi I stood up to clear doubts after lots of hesitation considering all the up and Downs not forgetting the insult ( kholi= Kholi). He came to me and ask me what is my doubts expecting meaning or pronunciation of some words, Ya I show him my maths book which clearly shows BODMAS ( I have underline it ), he told me he too don't know but says he'll ask our Maths teacher to clarify my doubts but on inquiring he was told that our maths teacher left early that day..

Frustrated!! What should I do now, tomorrow too beating for sure. At same time Sir KAIHRII (our social science subject teacher) who was monitoring next room saw us. He came and then looking he ask Sir. Kholi to monitor the next class in His place. He started;
BODMAS is a sequence representation of mathematical operation which must be follow accordingly while doing any calculation where combination of this occur( in our dialect against our norms only English in school). He explain so nicely and clearly along with examples in that short 15min that I was able to grab it. After that he ask me to solved some problem which he frame himself not from book in which I made some mistake which he corrected and made it more clear to me.. Back at home I took out my maths book to do the homework which I find it easy to solved and solve it in no time.. My most difficult become my easiest. I was enthralled and enchanted by it. And went to extend of solving the remaining problem on BODMAS..

That's a part of my journey and now that I being an Engineering Student who use BODMAS every minutes certainly is very Grateful to My Teacher Sir Kaihrii who gave my First MATHS CLASS. I really did enjoy that 15 min of lectures. Had you not being there to clarify me those doubts I would had being Hating Maths problem and won't have been the One I am today.. There's not a single place I don't find the uses of BODMAS. Every equation remind me of you and I took it with joys remembering those 15min.. 
Now that I know what BODMAS is I proudly say:
B= BRACKET {},[ ],( ).
O= ORDER X^2,√
D= DIVIDE ÷
M= MULTIPLY ❌
A= ADD +
S= SUBSTRATE --
....................................................................................................................................

Comments

Popular Post

Dear little one

She deserves.......