Courtesy of Army Man: An Encounter

Wondering how the day and night journey from Delhi to Mao (Via Dimapur) would be. I step into Rajdhani Train number 12436) along with my cousin and a cousin who drop us till our cabin. First time journey it was for me, journey of day and night in a 3 AC tier. I got upper berth while below me was an Army man (who I came to know after some conversation). It was this encounter i would share..

He held out his phone to charge and then after some brief moment told me it was switching on and off by itself. He gave the phone to observe, noting the phone does switch on and no sign of physical damage I thought it is has to do with the software. Best of what I could do without any diagnostic software and laptop, I ask him if he know the contact number (My God!! how can I expect someone to remember all contact in his phone when I hardly remember two of my own phone number). Probably he had me corrected and reply he knows the contact details (his near and dear one) immediately. I try to format the phone by going straight through the backup settings before it switch off by itself.
Fate would have been I was not able to format after trying a multiple time. Sometimes I manage to reach the format place but it won't simply allow to format, other time before I manage to reach the settings it will restart by itself. After much failure with that and code to format. I also try to Hard reset the phone but it didn't work too. Helplessly, I hand him the phone to charge for sometime as I am unable to arrive with solution.

After sometime, he was restless and ask me to check the phone again. I try Hard reset this time and voila it works at last . I formatted the phone does some initial setup and waited for sometime to see the respond. Even after a minute or two it didn't restart so I hand him the phone and told him it's okay now. That moment I can see a smile in his face. Hurriedly he dialled a number and I could hear that the other hand was a female. Later he told me it was his wife and when he told her his phone is okay, his wife is very happy that he met me. He thank me and we are busy with our own part until we are serve the dinner..

It was during dinner he ask me to come and have my food from his berth which I obliged as I could have that huge empty space to sit comfortably and have my dinner. He place a newspaper and we face each other as I unpack my package to eat, as he ask me to have first and waited till I finished mine. We had conversation about many thing about his place of posting, of people their nature and food and of my studies aswell. He also ask me whether am interested in Army profession and also my choice of career. Observing that I have not eaten much he ask me to have more and have his share of chicken too if I like. He also told me how his phone got into problem from Dehradun and that he was unable to contact and nobody could fix his phone...

As our journey proceed on, a chit chat and looking out of cabin to see the souronding and it goes on. Finally he reached his destination and finally parted with wish...

Comments

Popular Post

Dear little one

She deserves.......