Disappointment

Let me share with you a secret I behold for long:
In world where hates abounds and loves is scare, where discouragement comes in multiple and encouragement a rarity.. Where kindness is but a clothes worn by few... I love and like disappointment.. Well most or say all people including myself find it hard when face with disappointment. When their love one ignored them, when their expectations are not met, when their parent argue with them, when friends neglect and ignore them or their request and when  they fails. A quote thus run "expectations brings about disappointment". Many a times I try to not expect anything reminding myself of it but I was wrong as human I am born with intelligence and presence of mind. How can I not expect something good when I gave my best?? How can I not expect and want life to be free and fair?? As I struggle to keep my expectations at lowest level, I fail miserably. The more I try to concedes myself the more the urge to expect.. Balancing of expectations and disappointment was indeed hard.. The more I gave myself into something and the more effort I put I expect the more of good outcome from it and the more I expect the more disappointment I got..

Until finally I learn to love disappointment and befriend it (not fully but starting to). Now that I have befriended disappointment I usually invite disappointment intentionally in my life. Examples being like calling/texting a friend or dear ones who for certain will ignore my calls and message. Previously I used to delete the numbers of such person but now I make sure they got to play their role in my life..

When I met with disappointment I makes sure that it motivates me to do something good and better. I befriended disappointment in such way like I consider it as reflection, a means to discover my shortcoming, another opportunities to look for more a better one, a chance to try out another way etc.. On one fine night (4-5 months back) I had a dream, in which the girl I admire since my 8 standards ignores me and finally she was in arm of another man. It was 2 am when I woke up from the dream, I used that dream to motivate myself to study and voila I completed a chapter and beside completion I had a memories which can help me recall it much better and easy.

All I want to share is that when we befriend disappointment and failure it brings us to higher place than from place where we are before.. I sincerely believe that successful person are those who befriended their own failure and disappointment. Its not that easy at first and more importantly to continue on but its the best decision we can ever made. It's the best gift we can ever give ourselves today and tomorrow maybe too late...

Comments

Popular Post

Dear little one

She deserves.......